Ads Top

Selena Gomez On Her Relationship With Justin Bieber, What Taylor Swift Means to Her

In a world where Jelena was once the be-all and end-all of Hollywood couples, some fans are still yearning to see Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber get back together. While the public might not be able to move on from their break-up, Gomez has done so -- but recognizes the fans' struggle of letting go. 
"It's difficult for people to separate us," she told the U.K.'s Sunday Times. "The internet wants to freeze this moment in time and constantly repeat it."
The 23-year-old pop star opened up to the newspaper about Bieber and their very public on-and-off relationship, which began nearly five years ago in 2010. Gomez, who displayed her heartbreak in song with 2014's "The Heart Wants What It Wants," touched on the pressures she faced while with Bieber, citing the media and her young age.
"I didn't think I was doing anything bad by falling in love," she said. "There's such an emphasis on people being the perfect thing and then destroying them because it's good press. Throw in the fact that you are a teenager --  it makes it more difficult."
Selena Gomez Talks Justin Bieber: 'I Made Some Decisions That Weren’t Great'
Gomez also dealt with some criticism because of her decision to lose her purity ring when she started dating Bieber, which she said is a decision she is "not embarrassed" to admit. "Sometimes you have to lie to yourself to get through the criticism, and then you're in your closet crying. It's been like that for me a couple of times, but I only want to learn from those things," she revealed.
Despite her struggles with love, Gomez mentioned that her friendships with people like Taylor Swift are always there to have her back. 
"I can count on one hand the people I could call and who would be there for me," she said. "Taylor is one of the greatest people. When I split with my first boyfriend and I was really sad about it, she flew into town with homemade cookies and a bunch of junk food."
As she gets ready to release her next album, Revival, in October, she isn't focusing on finding a new relationship for the time being. Yet, she's promising herself what she went through with Bieber will not affect the way she loves or how she displays it to the world. "There is no way I will ever hide my life."

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.